Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Character Pipeline for Games

Hey hey everyone!

I will be teaching a character creation program at the esteemed Phoenix Atelier! Registration starts now, and space is limited so be sure to jump in while you can here - Registration


I will be going over the entire character pipeline, using an existing concept that I will be providing. I will show how I go from simple base meshes, to complex high poly models in ZBrush. Later I will expose the entire retopology and UV mapping process I use inside of 3ds Max. To finish the character off, students of the program will learn how I use Photoshop, Xnormal, and Marmoset Toolbag to create polished renders and turntables of the character, fit for a portfolio.

I tailor the program to both professionals, and beginners alike. This way nobody misses out on some useful information. With a heavy emphasis on simplicity and quick workflows, I will take the daunting task of character production and make it an easy to understand process.

With the lessons provided, I hope to show everyone how to not only get that foot in the door with a finished piece in the end. But also how to maintain that spot in the game industry, working with other artists and animators in a studio setting. Information that not everyone is exposed to until they are in the trenches.


Have more questions on the program? Join me this Sunday at 3pm for a live seminar where I will answer any questions you might have on what you will be learning, skill sets required, and the tools that we will be using. Also get a peek at the character that we will be making during the course of the 8 week program. Register for the live seminar here - Free Live Interview Registration

Hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment